TOTPRadius : migrating from previous versions using full backup and restore functions
This option allows taking a full backup of the appliance, including users, hardware tokens, configuration, certificate and license* files. The backup can be restored on the TOTPRadius versions starting from 0.2.7. Administrative credentials, web access (username: admin) or ssh access (username: totpradius), are not included in this backup.
The function is located on the Export/Import page under Backup and Restore tab.
The file generated by "Download full backup" button will have t2bckp extension and will contain all settings, certificates, users and hardware tokens tables and is ready to fully migrate between appliances.
Migrating from previous versions
The full backup feature is introduced in version 0.2.7, however, we also prepared a patch that allows generating and downloading the full backup file from older versions. The steps are as shown below:
- Upload backup.php to /var/www/html/admin/ via SSH/SFTP (you can use WinSCP, FileZilla or any other client supporting SFTP)
- Navigate to http(s)://FQDN_OR_IP/admin/backup.php and click on "Download backup" button
- This will download a file with .t2bckp extension which you can use to restore the configuration on newer versions of TOTPRadius (>0.2.7)
The patch can be downloaded here.
- FIDO Security keys registrations (for versions older than 0.2.8)
- FIDO Security keys-based VPN sessions
- Oauth2 associations and sessions
- Slave appliance details
- Installation and initial configuration
- Network configuration
- Migrating from older versions
- LDAP Configuration
- Azure AD Configuration
- Self-service enrollment portal
- Web and LDAPS Certificates
- Syslog configuration
- Single-factor authentication exceptions
- Slave appliance mode
- Dynamic RADIUS Attributes
Manage and use TOTP/HOTP codes via Python CLI script using a PC/SC device (USB NFC) or directly via USB. A cross-platform solution that works under Windows, macOS and Linux platforms.
Python-based tools are essential not only for their cross-platform compatibility, but also because their source-available nature allows experts/developers to examine the source code, ensuring transparency and minimizing the risk of hidden vulnerabilities or malicious elements. A GUI wrapper for the script is also available.
Token2 is excited to announce the upcoming mass production of their revolutionary PIN+ series, a line of FIDO2 Security keys. These security keys feature advanced PIN complexity rules that set a new standard for security. The firmware development for the PIN+ series is now complete, and the company is currently making preparations for mass production.
In a significant development for iOS users, Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AD) has expanded its support for FIDO2 security keys on the Safari browser. This advancement is a crucial step towards enhancing security and usability on Apple's mobile devices, ensuring seamless authentication experiences for Azure AD users. With FIDO2 security keys, users can now enjoy passwordless access to their Azure AD accounts, boosting convenience and significantly reducing the risk of password-related attacks. Let's dive deeper into this exciting development and explore the benefits it brings to iOS users.